Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Guest Speaker

This past class we had a guest speaker Dietmar Dahmen.  To be honest I wasn't sure what to expect, or what the content of the presentation would be. However I was so pleasantly surprised by how exciting and relatable the topics were. It was a perfect presentation and left me feeling really excited as to what is to come this semester.  It was kinda funny actually, when Mr. Dahmen walked in the room I got the impression that he was more reserved.  But that was clearly not the case, throughout the presentation he cracked jokes and even jumped up on the table to properly show us what 50 million (about the size of a block) looked like stacked up to 1 billion (the length of his body).  The tips about how to advertise for a product were so useful as well, I especially liked how we were advised to "sell a way of life".  Bottom line his presentation was relevant and on point.  The best thing I took away from this awesome experience is that "Good is the enemy of great" ...That...shall be my new life motto.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment